Responsible authority within the meaning of applicable data protection laws, in particular the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (collectively “GDPR”): The Information Commissioners Office (the “ICO”).
You may request to:
- Receive confirmation as to whether or not personal information concerning you is being processed and access your stored personal information, together with supplementary information.
- Receive a copy of personal information you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Request rectification of your personal information that is in our control.
- Request erasure of your personal information.
- Object to the processing of personal information by us.
- Request to restrict processing of your personal information by us.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights or receive more information, please contact our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) using the details provided below:
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable opportunity. Under applicable regulations, we will keep records containing client personal data, account opening documents, communications and anything else as required by applicable laws and regulations.
We may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion.
Grounds for data collection
Processing of your personal information (i.e. any information which may potentially allow your identification through reasonable means; hereinafter “Personal Information“) is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations towards you and providing you with our services, or in order to provide services to our clients, to protect our legitimate interests and for compliance with legal and financial regulatory obligations to which we are subject.
Information do we collect
We collect information about you in three ways: (1) from your input through our web forms, app forms and other mechanisms, (2) from third-party sources, and (3) through automated technologies.
Data You Provide To Us
The types of personal information that we collect directly from you depends on how you interact with us and the Service and may include:
- Contact details, such as name, email address and phone number
- Other account or event registration and profile information, such as educational, employment and professional background, dietary and accessibility requirements, and photo
- Payment information
- Comments, feedback and other information you provide to us, including information that you send to customer support and messages, appointment inquiries and other information that you wish us to share with our sponsors, visitors, partners and others
- Sensitive data revealing health, disability, religion, or race or ethnic origin, as part of a request for special assistance or dietary requirements or in a medical emergency; and/or
- Interests and communication preferences, including matchmaking, event planning, networking choices and preferred language
To protect the safety and well-being of event participants, we may conduct disease prevention measures, which may include collection of health data through temperature screening, test-and-trace with the relevant health authority, monitoring for visible symptoms, or referral to quarantine or medical personnel.
Data From Other Sources
We also may obtain personal information about you from our group companies and from other third parties, including:
- Service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customise certain products to your location
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities
- Publicly-available sources and data suppliers from which we obtain data to validate or supplement the information we hold.
We also collect footage and imagery captured through recording, photography, or CCTV at events, offices and other locations.
How We Use Your Information
Depending on how you interact with us and use our services, we use your personal information to:
- Provide, activate and manage your access to and use of the services, including your attendance at events
- Process and fulfil a request, order, download or other transaction
- Provide customer, technical, product and other support and to help keep the Service working, safe and secure
- Enhance and improve the services and to develop new products, services and benefits
- Offer you customised content and other personalisation to make the services more relevant to your interests and geography
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns
- Notify you about changes, updates and other announcements related to the services
- Deliver targeted advertisements, promotional messages, notices, and other information about products, events and services of ours, our affiliates and third parties, such as sponsors, licensees and media partners
- Invite you to participate in user testing and surveys as well as sweepstakes, competitions, audience voting, and similar promotions or activities
- Identify usage trends and develop data analysis, including for purposes of research, audit, reporting and other business operations, including determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and evaluating our business performance
- Support health and safety at our events
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements
We may also use your information to:
- provide relevant networking, speaker sessions, presentations, and sponsor product recommendations as part of our event matchmaking services based on the preferences and interests you provide during your registration, your interactions on our websites, platforms, and at our events
- include in participant directories to provide visitors and sponsors names and business contact details of those attending the event
Sharing of Your Information
Our Service Providers
We share your Personal Information with our sponsors, media partners and other third parties, including entities for which we are acting as an agent, licensee or event manager, that wish to send you information about their products and services that may be of interest to you, as determined by your choices in managing your communications preferences and other settings.
The services may include forums and participant directories that let you create a profile and post and share Personal Information, comments, materials and other content to help others connect with you. Any such contributions you disclose publicly may be collected and used by others, may be indexed by search engines, and might not be able to be removed. Please be careful when disclosing Personal Information in these public areas.
When entering a virtual space, zone, or room at an event, your registration details may be shared with other attendees including the sponsor or exhibitor to facilitate event networking real-time video conferencing, online chats, and/or virtual business card drops, subject to additional notices.
We will disclose your Personal Information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation
- detect, investigate and help prevent security, fraud or technical issues
and as part of a corporate transaction, such as a transfer of assets or an acquisition by or merger with another company.
Editorial Content and Event Presentations
Our Service Providers
Where you submit content, such as write an article or produce a video, for any of our magazines or other products, or speak at one of our events, we will process some additional personal information about you, including
- professional biography or profile, produced or approved by you, that may contain your image, likeness, or voice, which may be published and made available to our subscribers, event audiences, or published online via our websites and social media channels for promotional purposes
- internal editorial, reviewer, commentary, or feedback
To help improve the diversity of our editorial content and event panels, we may ask you to provide, on an entirely voluntary basis, demographic data such as age, gender, disability, race, ethnic origin, religion and sexual orientation